Thursday, July 3, 2008

Night-night

Right after Ally was born I went through this "thing" where I thought Gracey needed to start going to sleep by herself at night (she currently requires me laying with her until she falls asleep, and then I leave). I even went through the whole process a few nights of phasing myself out of her room, even though she cried the whole time, until she fell asleep. I finally decided "forget it" and went back to laying down with her, convincing myself I would try it all again at a later date. Then, a few weeks ago I was sitting with my younger sister and mom at the kitchen table, realizing my sister was about to graduate high school and wondering where has the time gone. Then I started thinking about how in what will seem like the blink of an eye I will be sitting there looking at Gracey about to graduate, wishing these days back of laying in bed with her until she falls asleep. The truth is, that's really one of the favorite parts of my day. I LOVE snuggling with her in her bed, with her all cuddled up next to me, her little arm around me and feeling her breath on my cheek! It's the absolute best. So I've decided I shouldn't even worry about her going to sleep on her own (she is only 2 1/2 anyway). It's really not that big of a deal, and one day, not too long from now I know I'm going to wish these nights back! So, I'm going to continue to lay down with her at night until she falls asleep.....and I'm going to love every minute of it!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Just think at least you don't have a 9 year old smack dab in the middle of your bed like I do!!! Sweet Trea!