Monday, August 11, 2008

What's that, mom??

Anyone that knows me, knows that when it comes to cleaning the house I verge on being just a little OCD. I'm constantly doing something around the house that relates to cleaning....I just can't help it. However, the one household chore I despise is ironing! I cannot stand doing it; I really loathe it! Having said that, I rarely do it. In fact, I do everything in my power to avoid it. I have probably ironed a handful of times in Gracey's entire life....that's how bad it is. Today, while I standing there ironing my pile 0' clothes that heaped up over the months I thought of a few months back, which by the way was the LAST time I ironed. That particular day I was standing there ironing away when Gracey comes barreling through the house. She stopped dead in her tracks and said, "What's that mom?". I immediately busted out laughing at the sight of my 2 year old having NO idea what this thing was that I had, while Davey just looked at me and said, "that's really sad Lacey". Sad or not, it is definitely the one thing I hate to do........and after all these years I don't think anything is going to change that. :)

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I'm not a fan of ironing either. Howevrer, I do not loathe it new as much as you. Too funny! I can just imagine Gracey's face when she said that. Too cute!

Brian, Jamie, Molly & Sarah said...

Please, Lacey!! That is why they created wrinkle free fabric....so save us from having to iron. And thank goodness for it!